Website Security Audits
There are two times a site needs a security audit: before something bad happens and afterward. Guess which is more fun!
Website security is crucial for all sites, but particularly those that take credit card payments, have member registration, or collect sensitive data. Plus, it’s just the responsible thing to do.
An unsecured or insufficiently secured website is vulnerable to hackers who take sites down or alter content, ransomware demands, hijacked domain names, and serving malware, among other potential issues. If you’re daunted by the idea of tackling these issues on your own, we’ve got you covered.
A Hop Studios full-site security audit will help you assess any currently existing security issues on your site, and also to put safeguards in place for the future. Ask for one today.
We pay particular attention to:
- Verifying your CMS and add-ons are up-to-date
- Making sure your site is regularly and properly backed up
- Making sure you’re using strong passwords and are sharing/storing those securely, giving access only to current admins
- Blocking automated spam bots and phishing attempts by adding CAPTCHAs to the forms on your site
- Incorporating information security into the software development life cycle
- Securing your site with SSL