- May 10, 2021 - Job Opening - Web Developer
If you want to get in touch for some other position not listed (it can't hurt!), please send a cover letter, your resume, and links to websites you’ve built to:
What We Offer... (Why Work Here?)
- We're a 2002-founded company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society. Actually, this should be the first item on this list.
- We are a virtual firm, mostly based in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada, but with remote workers and contractors from across North America. We offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work culture, with the benefits of working remotely.
- We pay a competitive, equitable wage tied to experience (but not to pay history) with a great benefits package.
- We have a collaborative work environment, with a lot of personal freedom and trust.
- We work hard, but also have lives outside of work. We're fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We shouldn't have to say this, but we don't mind saying it proudly:
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Or anything else. We hire with the intent of having a diverse and multi-faceted staff, and we value tolerance and empathy as much as intelligence and experience.
What You Offer...
This is not a complete list of what we look for, but a short list of qualities we value.
- Integrity: We trust each other, we follow through on our promises, and all our success grows from that.
- Creativity: The ability to look beyond the current state and envision a better one, or at least a better way.
- Intelligence: Sufficient ______ smarts, whether that be book smarts, street smarts, or emotional intelligence.
- Humor: If you don't stop from time to time to laugh at this whole crazy absurd world, you won't fit in here.
- Experience: Of course, this depends on the position and increases as you grow into your full potential, but we like to see people come to Hop Studios with both a broad experience of the world and a specific expertise in your chosen path. Our clients deserve the best.
Don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.