Job Description: Web developer
Hop Studios is looking to hire a versatile Web developer who has experience in journalism, building communities and content management systems.
Required skills and experience:
- ExpressionEngine templating
- Basic SQL
- Advanced SQL
- ExpressionEngine extensions / modules / plugins
- Other blogging tools: MT and WP
- shell scriptig
This is a full-time, permanent position. Our first preference would be to hire someone who lives in Vancouver, Canada, but remote employees are a viable option. Pay will vary with experience—we’re not locked to a pre-set salary figure.
You’ll like working for Hop Studios if:
- you like working on several different projects in a day,
- you enjoy working with the latest Web technologies, things like Google Maps, social networking, Flickr integration, Jquery and YUI
- you’re a life-long learner
- you noticed the spelling mistake in this job posting
- you’re a night owl (we’re 70% night owls currently)
- you’re not particularly interested in building ecommerce sites
- you like a workplace without a lot of drama
Why work for Hop Studios?
We’re a small company that offers a premium design and development experience to our clients and our employees. We specialize in sites with large amounts of content, and sites that create a community. We hire really smart, motivated people and let them do what they do best.
How do I work for Hop Studios?
Send your cover letter to
We treat everyone equally well.