Vancouver is emerging as one of the premiere places in North America for bloggers and blogging technology. Sure, New York has a zillion people blogging (given that there’s a zillion people squared there), and San Francisco is always a center for new technology. But Vancouver seems to the right mix of technology experts, social activism and rainy weather keeping everyone indoors at their keyboards.
Just some of the Vancouver blogging connections:
* Bryght (Drupal developers and VAR)
* InsideBlogging professional blogging company
* several members of the Professional Bloggers Association
* Qumana blog posting software
* Sxip identity broker clearinghouse thingy (don’t make me admit I don’t understand Sxip, OK?)
* Susie, bien sur
I’d also like to annex Portland as Vancouver South, due to similarities in its weather, beer, and the presence of PMachine, the makers of ExpressionEngine
Do you have any other examples of a blogging / Vancouver nexus?
Disclosure: We’re working on projects with, or have proposals for projects with, several of those I’ve listed. That is, unless the sun comes out.