BC Dairy Association
Client SinceApril 2015
The BC Dairy Association is a not-for-profit society, funded by the dairy producers of BC. They are champions, stewards, and advocates for the people of British Columbia’s dairy industry.
Through outreach and education, the BCDA is responsible for the future of the BC dairy industry.
Hop Studios manages BC Dairy’s website development, maintenance and updating. We get to work on all kinds of really fun things, such as:
- We Heart Local by and for farmers
- BetterTogether: great recipes
- Powered by Chocolate Milk
- an Interactive Calcium Calculator
- Hands-on Cook-off Contest
- Annual Nutrition Forum
- Titanium Chef, an educational resource
- and of course, the BC Dairy site itself
And here are some of the technical highlights for the work we have done with BC Dairy:
- Conversion of a Flash-based calculator to HTML 5
- Responsive designs and coding for mobile and tablet
- Multi-language content support
- Integrating Youtube videos into ExpressionEngine, iContact, and Mailchimp
- Automated Analytics dashboard and reports
- Cross-site content submissions into a single database
- Page optimization leading to a 72% speed increase in page load time
- Ongoing search engine optimization
I have been very impressed with the level of expertise and outstanding customer service provided by the Hop team since they took over the maintenance of our digital properties and assets two years ago. Travis and his team always tackle any technical issue that arises in a timely and cost effective way.
In addition to ongoing monthly maintenance, Hop Studios has helped us on various projects. One project consisted of converting an online interactive Flash-based web app into an HTML mobile-friendly application. We had been told by our previous agency that it would be very difficult to maintain the animation components that were in the Flash-based version. Hop exceeded our expectations by creating a final product that retained all of the original interactive features at a cost lower than what we had originally budgeted.
The most recent project Hop was involved with was redesigning BC Dairy website’s home page and landing pages to reflect current SEO practices while keeping in line with our graphic standards and the overall look of the site’s internal pages. Within a very short timeline, Hop delivered a concept that allowed us to refresh our site and extend its life. They also updated our customized Expression Engine platform so we could have full control of the content displayed on these new pages.
The Hop team has also been very accommodating by working collaboratively with other agencies we contract out on specific campaigns and projects.
It is reassuring to know that we have an agency such as Hop looking after our digital assets, listening to our needs and advising us on what is best for our organization. We are happy to have found them and look forward to many more years working together on current and future projects.
You have a talented team with great customer service. Keep up the good work!