It’s time to grow again. We have an immediate opening for a full-time senior web developer skilled in CMS-driven websites and custom add-on development. The deadline for application is Monday, January 23, 2023.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine and Craft CMS design and development firm. You’ll be using a stimulating variety of modern tools and technologies, and working on interesting and meaningful projects ranging from shopping carts to saving society.
You’ll be part of a growing team of smart, caring people who work to provide the best possible online tools to active organizations that need an “expert but fractional web department.”
The best applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- Functional spec development
- ExpressionEngine / Craft CMS
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- MySQL / MariaDB
- WordPress / WIX
- Common Web service APIs
- Server administration (LAMP stack)
- DNS management
In addition, experience with Google Analytics, with SEO techniques, with using version control systems (Git, of course), with unit testing, with machine learning and recommendation engines, and with building properly accessible and mobile / responsive websites and web-based apps, will be considered big checkmarks in the “Pro” column.
What are the other requirements?
- Self-starter with healthy curiosity
- Tenacious attitude towards problem-solving
- At least 4 years experience working in Web development - this is not an entry-level position
- Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will sometimes be in direct contact with clients
- A long-term interest keeping on top of new technology trends and tools
- Try not to have the same username as anyone we’ve previously hired
Who can apply?
- You must want a permanent position i.e. not part-time or contract.
- You must be able to start immediately i.e. you can give standard notice now.
- You should be able to work in Canada, but this is not a deal-breaker.
- You must be set up to work from home—we went all-virtual during the pandemic.
- You must work in sync with North American time zones. We’re in Pacific, Mountain and Central Times, and we want this position to share common work hours.
- In addition to substantial benefits, bonuses and vacation time, this position is currently budgeted for Canadians in the range of $75,000 - $95,000.
Who are we?
- We’re a 2002-founded company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We work on meaningful projects that change lives and improve society.
- We’re fun to work for, and our deep client roster is full of excellent humans to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are mostly based in Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative, startup-esque work culture, with the benefits of working remotely.
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience but not dependent on your previous jobs.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You shouldn’t either.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.