We have an immediate opening for a full-time project manager.
Update: This position is now filled.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine design and development firm. You’ll be working on interesting and meaningful projects, using the latest tools and techniques, for clients in multiple countries. We’re looking to add a key role to our team—someone who can help grow our business by managing existing projects, improving our internal processes, and ensuring that new clients are brought on successfully.
The project manager will be responsible for proposal writing, project estimation, project planning, managing expenditures, scheduling, co-ordinating resources and personnel within the competing priorities of our existing workload, and managing sub-contractors and freelancers.
The best applicants will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- Proven success in managing website development
- Experience using shared project management tools like Basecamp
- Familiarity with mobile design and development issues
- Excellent written and phone communication skills (we do most work remotely)
- Experience and skill working with ExpressionEngine
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience and skill working with other CMSs
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
Yes, that’s a long list and no, you don’t need to be expert in everything on it; we’re primarily looking for someone with experience planning and executing website projects—the rest will make you stand out and get noticed. Be sure to mention if you have previous experience doing other aspects of online or offline development; being well-rounded would be considered an asset.
What are some other requirements?
- Self-starter with healthy curiosity
- Ability to keep tabs on all the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Tenacious attitude towards tracking down loose ends
- Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
- Excellent emotional intelligence
- Can foster teamwork and excellence among co-workers
Who can apply?
- you must want a permanent position (i.e. not part-time or contract)
- you must be able to start on Jan. 26 or so (i.e. you can give notice now)
- you should live, or be willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- you should be able to work in Canada
Who are we?
- We’re a 12-year-old company with a focus on media, non-profits and educational websites.
- We’re fun to work with (if we’re allowed to say that about ourselves [we are -ed.]), and our clients are excellent as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in downtown Vancouver, and we have an open, collaborative work environment (no closed doors).
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience
- We work hard, but also have lives outside of work.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.