The position is now filled.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time ExpressionEngine developer.
We’re Canada’s leading ExpressionEngine design and development firm. You’ll be working on interesting and meaningful projects, using the latest tools and techniques.
The most interesting applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- PHP (CodeIgniter)
- HTML / CSS
- Common Web service APIs
- Server administration (LAMP stack)
- Web hosting and DNS management
In addition, experience using version control systems, doing unit testing, and building mobile / responsive websites will be considered a big checkmark in the “Pro” column.
What are the other requirements?
- Self-starter with healthy curiosity
- Tenacious attitude towards problem solving
- At least a few years of experience working in Web development
- Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
- Excellent written communication skills
- A long-term interest in keeping on top of technology trends and tools
Who can apply?
- you must want a permanent position i.e. not part-time or contract
- you must be able to start immediately i.e. you can give notice now
- you should live, or be willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- you should be able to work in Canada
Who are we?
- We’re a 12-year-old company with a stable staff, established history and plenty of growth potential.
- We’re fun to work with (if we’re allowed to say that about ourselves [we are -ed.]), and our deep client roster are all excellent to work with as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in the Gastown district of Vancouver, and we offer an open, collaborative work environment.
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Or anything else.
- We work hard, but also have lives outside of work.
To apply, send a cover letter, your resume, and links to websites you’ve built. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.